View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 03:39 AM   #37
ApS

Default "Gunning" a Fountain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
My neighbor has one...not on Governors
I've got one near me that has "Partytime" graphics. It's supported on a huge lift that sticks out 50-plus feet into a narrow passage. Any one piece of hardware hanging off his transom weighs more than my boat!

Both the boat and the owner live on a noisy roadway—why is it always that way?

To his credit, he warms his engines at an idle as he heads out to The Broads. (As you are supposed to warm an engine—under a "load"—not at a dock or inside a boathouse). He "turns them up" as he enters The Broads, ˝-mile away, and I've yet to see him bothering others with arrogant or obnoxious behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
"...BI...to throw a derived number out there like 100 mph seems a bit excessive. I am by no means defending the offender...
I'm glad you brought this up.

Earlier, I had described "being interrogated" by a dispatcher at NHMP headquarters. That occurred on the last Sunday in June. I advised the MP dispatcher regarding a 38-foot Fountain "going 100-MPH". (An explosive ˝-mile spurt I suspect was "nitrous-driven").

She queried, "How do you know it was 100-MPH? Do you have r-a-d-a-r?

I replied, "No, I don't have radar, but I've been a instructor for race car drivers for 20 years: the boat is white with blue swoosh graphics towards the transom".

That reply seemed to have led to the immediate acceptance of my called-in report!