View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 01:22 AM   #105
ApS

Unhappy Seems Unfair, But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I think you will find both accidents mentioned, the Littlefield one and the one on Parker Island were alcohol related. It is kind of like common knowledge. Even the family of the gentleman who hit Parker Island says that he was not often sober. They are a very, very nice family by the way. We discussed the family member when we sat with them at a wedding and so I know about his issue firsthand. That particular member just had a lot of problems.
So neither of these accidents can be blamed on speed.
To understand the arguments of the opponents here, you'll find that none of these headline-making "incidents" can be traced to any blame whatsoever.
Yes, they were called "incidents" before these totally-unforeseen tragedies were later called "accidents".

You see, the tragedies on other lakes don't count, tragedies on the ocean don't count, the boat size can't be blamed in tragedies, radar doesn't work on boats, the boat weight can't be blamed in tragedies, visibility from the boat doesn't count, polls don't count, the "stuffing of e-ballots" from other states and countries is held blameless, organized weekend events by GFBLs can't be blamed, the introduction of increased boater-education can't be faulted, "drugs" are always prescription drugs, horsepower is of no concern to other boaters, and now it's, "SPEED is 'innocent of all charges'"?

Supporters can only place blame on the 20% of Winnipesaukee boaters who don't have alcohol on board.

I'm SO confused.