View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 11:27 AM   #73
Cal

Incredibly informative , BUT...

[Quote]"These measurements are based upon the A-scale. The A-scale does not fully take into account the effects and impact of Low Frequency noise. Illegal boat operation predominantly emits low frequency noise.".[Quote]
Not to mention [Quote] "As for the permanent effects, there is no concensus on the issue".[Quote]
And [Quote]" The same noise could be annoying to some people but acceptable to others. "[Quote]
So who gives anyone the right to decide what noise is annoying and what isn't with out stepping on someone else rights?

Pehaps you could ask a deaf or hearing impaired person if they would like to hear some "noise"

And like I said [Quote]"At no point did we have to raise our voices to be heard....at no point could I not heard the radio. Airplanes at a nearby airport were making as much or more than the marine traffic."[Quote]
Now since "I" was the one who elected to anchor near an airport I guess "I" would have to accept the noise or move . Because I am not about to move the airport
The entire issue seems rather subjective , much like "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". By those standards do you suggest we ban ugly or fat people or people we just don't care to look at. And who is to decide what fat or ugly really is. Laugh at this if you will , but the issues are a lot closer than you may realize.

Last edited by Cal; 09-18-2004 at 11:42 AM.