View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 12:31 PM   #7
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 for Boating View Post
Sadly anything over some ~7 years old - Cobalt has very little in terms of parts like this especially options.

However, I have reached out to a few marina's (including the ones mentioned above) to see if they have anything. Even if not for sale, maybe they see one going into storage that has a sympathetic owner...

Thanks for your help!
That is really kind of sad for the amount of money someone spends on a Colbalt.... I have a Four Winns, 2 summer's ago on a then 16 year old boat, I was able to order a replacement Sundeck directly from the factory, and had it in about 3 weeks. The people I dealt with at the dealership and at the factory, told me, that they save all the patterns electronically so reproducing parts is no big deal.... I have also ordered a cockpit cover, and next summer will likely order a bow cover directly from them. As a final comment, getting the Sundeck from Four Winns directly was far cheaper then having one made locally.... I just had to be patient, until they could make a break in production, get the materials they need cut, and then assemble it.