View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 11:25 PM   #11
ishoot308

Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
Oh yes, I enjoy visiting shallow water loon nests with my deep-draft sailboat, and especially when there's so much wind that my sails are "slapping".

This "believe-it-or-not-biologist" seems to have failed to advise Squam Lakes Association, the Loon Preservation Committee, and the New Hampshire Fish & Game of his sailboat assertion. Perhaps some member here can back him up.

Until it is documented by the above, it didn't occur. :[U][U]rolleye2:

APS, are you off your meds??... I love the way you twist and distort facts to cause conflict. I never accused you of sailing your deep keel boat near loon nest sites!

Oh and by the way when you cut and pasted your links above you should of left the entire paragraph in. What’s in bold is what you casually left out...here it is fully documented as you requested from your own source!!

“Disturbance from sailboats and wind-surfing has not been documented, however anecdotal and behavioral evidence suggest a flapping sail can be perceived as a visual threat, and therefore has the potential to disrupt nesting and brooding activity, even in areas of high recreational use.”

“Believe it or not”...