View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #120
hazelnut

Hold your horses everyone.

I just got off the phone with an extremely helpful MP Sargent. He informed me that this issue now goes through the entire legislative process similar to the process that took place with the SL Law. So this issue is far from being over. The NWZ would not be put into place until next year at the earliest. As of now if you have an opinion one way or the other it behooves you to contact State Reps as they will be hearing this issue at some point in time.

If you are so inclined I am sure their will be a public hearing portion of the transportation committee as well.

I can not bring myself to a solid opinion on the matter as of yet. Although this directly affects me I have yet to decide the best result. Understand that I witness my boats being absolutely trashed during busy weekends. Selfishly I'd like to see it pass. However ideologically I do not like the idea of a law that targets such a tiny fraction of the overall boating season. Literally we are talking about a 24 hour period on summer weekends. All other times there is absolutely NO NEED for a NWZ in this area. I may recuse myself from further discussion due to conflict of interest with myself.

H-Nut
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post: