View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #30
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWood View Post
Easily retrieved it is obviously open to interpretation. I would appreciate somebody removing a lure/hook from our dock, boat, or shore and they are welcome to use the empty side of the dock to do it. Common sense would also tell me that I am likely not in any immediate danger from that "trespasser" and I can probably keep my rath leashed for that one. Would you not allow somebody to use your dock to get out of a sudden and severe thunderstorm? We do and have.

I'm sure that fisherman thought he was doing the polite thing by getting it off your property and not leaving it to become a hazard for animals/people.

It's people with your attitude that has made the lake a less friendlier place, but I agree that greater care should be taken when fishing around docks and others property as to avoid such a situation.
Agree, as some boaters can be a problem for landowners, some landowners create their own problems with the way they respond to a situation, weather they are right or wrong.
Someone plucking a lure out of a branch is by no means a reason to get all bent out of shape. I never was a great caster and cannot tell you how many times I sent a lure to close to the shore and had to retrieve it. I can say that I never tied up to a dock but would retrieve it by boat or get out of the boat and retrieve it in the water.
One of the things that is always in the back of my mind when dealing with people around my home is that they know where I live and I have no idea who they are, or what type of person they are. In today’s society you never know what recourse someone might take.
So sometimes a little common sense and less abrasiveness goes a long way.