View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 06:51 AM   #10
ishoot308

Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
That testing include bacteria levels? All other things aside I don't think I would be partaking with running that water through a UV filter. You're not that far from the state park beach which has been shut down before for high levels of bacteria.

Not withstanding what you do see - it's what you don't.
Of course bacteria levels are checked! What would be the sense of testing the water without testing for bacteria levels?

I do have a full filtration system which includes UV sterilization. When I have water checked however, it is done before any filtering or UV sterilizing, basically straight from the lake. I also test it right from the faucet after sterilizing. It has always tested good and drinkable with a perfect PH. Unlike many, I don’t draw my water on the edge of my breakwater rocks where algae and bacteria tend to grow. I am in approximately 10’ of undisturbed water.

Ellacoya is 1 1/2 miles away and with 200’ of water Depth between. The prevailing NW winds also Probably blow whatever disgusting things humans place in the water over there...

Dan