View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 08:42 PM   #107
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts
Default Back to business by Easter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenGilford View Post
Almost 500 deaths today

I hope everyone now agrees that COVID-19 is worse than the regular flu. It's now just a case of narrowing in on just how much worse it is.

The World Health Organization is reporting a mortality rate of 4.6% based on worldwide confirmed positives and deaths. We know this is likely to be the extreme upper bound of the mortality rate due to under reporting and lack of testing.

In the US the current mortality rate based on known infections is 1.9%, with the same caveats as above.

On Wednesday March 11th, Fauci told the House Oversight and Reform Committee "COVID-19 is at least 10 times “more lethal” than the seasonal flu" which would be at least a 1% mortality rate.

Still think we are overreacting?

More than ever. I shudder to think how we will react to a real crisis in which our liberties and freedoms are at stake. Fauci’s a hack. I’m confident he’s not worried about whether he’s going to receive his next paycheck. Not like my son who is furloughed for three months and worried about whether he has a job to return to after all this nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk