View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 01:13 PM   #8
Descant

Thanked 1,511 Times in 983 Posts

Any of the above routes is fine. From Glendale, I would normally go between Welch Is. and the Forty's, then north of Sandy and Ragged and through the Hole in the Wall to Chase's Point. That to me is shortest, and pretty much wide open water until the NWZ at HitW. Sounds like you're familiar with that end of the lake already. After that, it varies depending on your eventual destination (s).
I've picnicked drifting in Green;'s Basin, very peaceful, and I've walked from the docks at Lee's Mills to the Woodshed. Going north from FL<12 can be a relatively straight route. The less obvious stuff is when you start exploring in/around small islands. I have used GPS, (don't currently have one installed) but if you're going in good weather, it can be more important to keep your head out of the cockpit. Have your navigator keep his/her head out of the cockpit too. Trying to read a chart and/or GPS at speed and drive the boat, watch for other boats etc. does not add to my enjoyment or my safety factor.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote