View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 06:33 AM   #8
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Angry Get Your Fact Streight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith Point View Post
$90.00 per sled? That’s highway robbery! For a weekend of going from trap to trap with a snowmobile?
The ticket is only $100.00! What’s the risk $10.00.
I pay a lot of money for property taxes, thou I am not a full time resident I should be able to register my snowmobiles as a resident, why do you ask?
BECOUSE I PAY PROPERTY TAXES!
Smith Point

First of all not one dime of your Tax money goes to fund Fish and Game. It is supported by Registration Fees.
By joining a New Hampshire Snowmobile Club you get a $30.00 discount against your Registration Fee. This $30.00 is applied to as many Sleds as you want to register, say 1 to 5 sleds. That is a $150.00 savings. The money it cost you to join a club now goes to help support the Clubs DIRECTLY.

As for the FINES, your numbers are off. There are two fines that may apply here, the first not Registering is $120.00 per sled and then maybe one could conclude that if you are not Registered you will not have Registration Decals on your sled either. So maybe a resourceful Officer could issue you a summons for up to $180.00. It looks like a little more than $10.00. What is the phrase that fits here; SCOFFLAW?

I don’t think arguing with the Officer that you are a TAX PAYER is going to get you very far.

Operate unregistered snowmobile ................................................ $120.00
Operate without registration decals in place.................................. $ 60.00

One last word GET OVER IT!

WINNOCTURN

Just thought I would add this to make it clear what fines there are for Snowmobiles.

NEW FINE AMOUNTS FOR SNOWMOBILE VIOLATIONS
Effective: July 1, 2007

Speed Limit, Back Lake .................................................. ............... $ 72.00

Skimming .................................................. ................................... $240.00

Operate without lights .................................................. ................ $120.00

Snowmobile, unreasonable speed
1-20 mph over prima facie speed limit ................................. $ 72.00
21-30 mph over prima facie speed limit .............................. $120.00
31 mph and greater over prima facie speed limit ................. $240.00

Endanger person/damage property.......................................... ..... $120.00

Operate snowmobile on traveled portion...................................... $120.00

Snowmobile on state way, sidewalk, or snowbank......................... $ 72.00

Sound level .................................................. ................................ $120.00

Required equipment .................................................. .................... $ 72.00

Sled/trailer requirements...................................... ......................... $ 72.00

Identification to landowner .................................................. ........ $120.00

Operate unregistered snowmobile ................................................ $120.00

Operate without registration decals in place.................................. $ 60.00

Non-resident register at resident rate ............................................ $120.00

Operate without driver’s license or safety training ........................ $ 72.00

Operate on land of another without landowner permission ............ $ 72.00

Operate with suspended/revoked license...................................... $180.00

Effective: July 1, 2007

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 02-04-2008 at 12:38 PM.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote