View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 10:47 AM   #12
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
You left out some important information.

What kind of Boat/Engine configuration do you have.

The water pressure gauge could be from the winter cold. Does the gauge go back to "zero" when the boat/engine is "off". If it does not go back to zero, it probably was damaged by water that made its way up to the gauge and froze over the winter if the boat was stored some place where this very very small amount of water could freeze and knock the gauge out of calibration. (Same problem can happen to speedometer gauges that rely on water pressure to make them function.)

Deepening on your skill levels it can be repaired if you like to tinker with delicate instruments. Have had to do mine once before figuring what do I have to lose if its broken. But I got lucky and it works perfectly since the repair.

As some other folks have mentioned these readings are not that far off from normal depending on what the engine is actually doing at the time you took the pictures.

Without any information about the boat and engine it could be a lot of different things.

Also mentioned >>> Does it read differently than it has in the past? Did you have any work done on the boat/engine over the winter.
We posted 1 minute apart from each other!! I was still typing when you posted, otherwise I would not have asked the same questions that you asked...
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote