View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #53
ApS

Wink Mostly, I Appreciate LP's Posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Sorry but there are TONS of old septics around the lake.
1) The cleanest lakes in the Lakes Region have "Class-A" water: their islands have out-houses—go figure.

Maybe not so many dishwashers, greenest of lawns, and water-softeners using "forever" salt.

Quote:
I no longer support the 150 ft rule for passing vessels. Why bring it up?
2) The 150'-Rule applies to just about every hazardous encounter one could have on a NH lake, and not just passing or skiing—but shorelines—and anywhere-near navigation markers.

Quote:
Don't think for a minute that a HP restriction would not remove existing boats off the lake in short order. It would be less than 10 years before most of the cruisers left the lake.
3) Like their name, "cruisers" are expected to cruise. Oversized cruisers are really second homes / tax shelters for some people.

Like The Mount, oversized cruisers could be locally re-powered—diesels, maybe—and continue as before.

Quote:
Here's an idea. Ban any future home development on the lake.
4) Resulting in an economic "Armageddon" for New Hampshire?

Quote:
However, the wakes from these boats are not the menace and the exaggerations are just silly. I know when I am out on my boat it does not match the pandemonium portrayed on this forum.
5) Bring your boat over to my dock tie up here—we can talk about any wakes you might care to discuss.
Attached Images