View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 02:48 AM   #3
ApS

Wink Where I Stand...

How large was the dog? Was it a dog that could be carried for the duration of the trip? What aspect in the presence of a dog had you concerned? Just the newness of the boat? I'd be concerned about a miniature horse, declared as a "comfort animal", but dogs are "family" in today's world. They're seen in Wolfeboro restaurants without objection.

But even a large dog will stand at the bow, detecting things in our environment we can't imagine--all the while protecting "their people" from harm. (Whether two-legged, four-legged, or no-legged).

They're well known for "holding it" aboard boats. Left behind, they'll bark with "separation anxiety", not improving matters with your neighbors.

Mirroring human behavior, they tend to get overexcited when a fish is caught and brought aboard, so there's that one exception to a dog on board I'd reluctantly make.

To keep passengers from damaging cushions or seating structure, some captains insist on bare feet for all aboard, discriminating against shoe-wearing.

If boat cushions are unable to protect against damage, next time, buy some dog booties, and insist the dog wear them.