View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 01:12 PM   #20
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laure View Post
Owner has suggested Harilla Landing Yacht Club for a launch and parking on the side of the road. Not trilled with the idea. Have passed on the other possibilities you guys have suggested but not making any head
way.

Feeling stressed before we even begin go enjoy our Covid Christmas in July.
Keep in mind. Islands are tricky, even for owners.

Most owners own or seasonally rent a slip for their boat. They can typically bring their car close to launch area for loading and unloading. They need to park ONE car and trailer within walking distance.

Pricestavern was correct, 4 cars and a trailer for a 4 day stay is tough.

There is a shortage in general because of COVID influx of people. Both perm and rental.

I think you should plan on 3 cars not being readily near water. That should not be hard. And focus on just your launch rig parking within walking distance. Or perhaps one car.

I seriously considered purchasing island property last summer on cow island and came within a hand stroke of the pen of buying (made two strong offers, both well over $1m). I was ready to purchase a $100K boat just to assure a seasonal slip!! You are competing against that !!! Not that you need a slip it’s similar resources that are maxed out that you are dealing with. But if it’s during the week there should be some parking available. If it crosses a weekend, good luck.

Once you do get to the island. It will be paradise.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote