View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 09:12 PM   #79
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I agree completely. It wasn't really until a few months ago that my family and friend circle got hit, and I felt like things were closing in as they missed weeks of work, were rushed to hospitals, and, in my MIL's case, died. My best friend and his wife are still experiencing taste and smell loss, headaches, and fatigue...4 weeks after having tested positive.

Those are all enough reasons for me to wear a mask when around people/indoors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Right. It hit pretty close to home when my sister in law got it bad. She’s been drugged unconscious for weeks on a ventilator. She is now breathing on her own. She can’t feel or move anything from the neck down. This is what “recovering” from COVID looks like for some. I know more people with impairments from COVID than died from COVID.

The number of people that have “recovered” but with serious degradation in the quality life has not been tallied yet. But it could be huge and will cost society a huge burden to support them. This is what might bankrupt the country in the long run. Even if COVID disappeared today. The damage in its wake is far beyond just the deaths.

My #1 reason for wearing a mask is to not be a burden on society.