View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 10:31 AM   #4
LakeTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
The 7 Best Dog Boat Ramps (2021)

https://www.doglovesbest.com/best-dog-boat-ramps/
I will tell you we got #2 on this list a few years back and it's borderline useless. It attaches to the ladder with no problem, but the issue is on typical Winni days, there tends to be waves and chop. With the boat rocking due to the waves, making the ladder move up and down, makes it essentially too hard for the dog to use. On a calm day, works decent. Only other thing to consider - if it's your only ladder to get onboard, it renders your ladder useless for everyone else in the water. I have no problem floating for hours, so doesn't matter to me, but my wife, parents and guests seem to think differently...

I've got a bowrider and considered fabricating my own, just haven't come up with exactly how yet... Back of my head, this is one of the factors I'm trying to use to convince myself that upgrading to a newer boat (ideally Cobalt R7) that has the swim platform that folds underwater would makes sense. It does until I do the financial math .... Just means I need more reasons

Out of curiosity - anyone on here have a Cobalt R5 or R7 and use the swim platform for your pet? Does it work well or is it not deep enough? Our dog is the typical 65lbs dog - so not big by any stretch, but not a small dog either.
LakeTimes is offline   Reply With Quote