Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 08:52 AM   #330
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Interesting talk this morning about vaccines. Visited a local business and was asked if I was vaccinated? The reason they asked this question was due to the fact many customers are asking if their staff has been vaccinated and they are unsure how to or if they should answer. Can you refuse service to someone not vaccinated? Will you not accept service from a individual not vaccinated? Do you have the right to ask someone?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
This is America--so as a person or a customer, you may ask another person pretty much anything. I don't think a business may ask its employees if they are vaccinated, that would be a HIPAA violation. But like many employer/employee issues, it's tough to stonewall your boss. Personally, as a customer, I'd be psyched to see a sign that said "All of our staff is vaccinated".

It's still unclear to what degree vaccines prevent vaccinated people from transmitting covid to others. But if you're vaccinated yourself, you should be able to dine at any reasonably compliant place without concern.