Thread: 25 Years!
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 07:38 PM   #44
Winilyme

Five years ago during our first ever visit to Winnipesaukee (a long weekend in the summer) we hooked up with a local realtor and told her we were interested in purchasing a lakefront summer home. She was taken aback by the abruptness of this statement because we told her we'd never been here before. Bless her heart, she said we really needed to learn more about the area before quickly coming to conclusions (no duh and kind of embarrassing that she needed to tell us that). So we agreed to do some more research. We asked her what she suggested. At a minimum she said:

1. Drive around the lake, stop places and talk to people.
2. Take a 2-1/2 hour ride on the Mount.
3. Read up on winnipesaukee.com.

She said that if we were still interested after this, then she'd have places lined up to tour in a few weeks.

We did #1 and #2 that weekend and I devoured the Forum over the next 12 days. Our interest fueled, we came back two weeks later, toured properties, made an offer and closed several months later.

Today we are as happy as ever and I still visit the Forum nearly every day (though I just joined as a member this past October). Can't tell you how much I've learned and enjoyed the banter over the years.

Thank you Webmaster. I've never met you but I share your values and concerns. But please consider - I'm sure that 99% of those that read your handiwork are good people that really can't imagine not having this Forum. You are an integral and valued part of the Lakes Region fabric. We've got your back as you've had ours.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post: