View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 08:41 AM   #26
nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Blue View Post
'Got the "Weekend Citizen" on Saturday. It did have cupons in it this week. Tell me if I'm wrong, but don't the cupon people PAY them to insert them in their rag?

There were no funnies! How do you get through a Sunday without the funnies? No Dilbert, Blondie, Sad Sack, Garfield or Mark Trail. SUX.

The first page was about the earth shaking news about a retired couple who like to ride bikes to the coast! Zowwie!

The paper was so thin (remember this is the Saturday AND Sunday edition) that it didn't quite cover the bottom of the bird cage which is good. "Blue Boy" was "dropping" me hints to the misspellings and incorrect english! That's right Blue Boy, never start a sentance with a gerend.

The paper is a tiny, poorly written, overpriced, badly delivered piece of junk. It is useful to light up the wood stove.

Misty Blue.
I agree this paper is useless. No comics, no real news, very thin. It is really the old Saturday paper, but watered down with a few inserts for the price of a Sunday paper.

Although there were coupons, we are getting less coupons than we used to get. We used to get coupons both Saturday and Sunday.

They clearly are all about cutting costs and could care less about quality. Have you seen the font they have used the past two days on the Daily Citizen? I wonder if it is to keep the A section no more than 8 pages. Luckily my husband and I have good eyesight. I feel for anyone who doesn't-how have they read the paper the last two days?
nicole is offline   Reply With Quote