Thread: Payback Time
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #143
Skip

Default Apples & oranges

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Blackdogs View Post
But I'm agreeing with Dave R.

Continuances can postpone hearings past the interest of the officers, especially for out of state offenders. Changing lawyers could get you another several months.

Sidney Blumenthal should be the poster child for DWI. How long has he been continuing his DWI appearances in Nashua? Five months? Sidney dropped off the radar back in April.

I understand that it's getting hot in those waders, but there can be no peeing in public!
Obviously the parameters surrounding a DWI offense, including the amount of technical evidence required to successfully defend or prosecute, are a significant difference over the simple procedures followed and allowed by the Court for a violation hearing in reference to a simple boating offense.

Let me repeat myself again for the interested reader....neither the Court nor the State (prosecutor) will allow multiple or lengthy continuances for simple violations, specifically for the example presented....to allow out-of-state or other offenders a chance to circumvent prosecution. It may be wishful speculation on blackdogs part, but it is not the reality within the NH District/Municipal Court system.

And, if you hire an attorney to represent you for a boating speed offense the money you spend (which is going to be at a minimum several times the greatest fine you could receive) has already served as a deterrent effect for the State. That is why if you have spent any amount of time working within the State's court systems the only time you see an attorney before a judge for a traffic violation is one that is representing him/herself.

I'd be happy to loan you my waders 2BDs, but once again when it comes to comprehending our State's criminal law sytem you are simply way in over your head....

Skip...