View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 01:03 PM   #258
Pineedles

Default Sad day

It saddens me to report that we had to release to God our beloved old soul Sampson before the pain of a tumor affected him. Even as a pup he had an old soul demeanor. His partner, Reilly at age 14 is still with us and healthy. She and Sam used to swim furiously toward sticks thrown into the water, racing to be the first to retrieve it. If they arrived at the stick at the same time, they both would clamp down and bring it in together. Some of my best times with Sam were harvesting pheasant. In the picture he is on the right, proud of the day's harvest he made possible. After a hard day hunting, he deserves to sack out on the chair opposite me.

His last trip to the lake was scheduled for Labor Day, but rather than put him through a long car ride we decided to spare him that. Although we could have had Sam with us a bit longer, we decided that before he experienced pain we must do the right thing. In writing this I wanted to tell others in this same situation, it's OK to do the right thing.
Attached Images

Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote