Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 01:16 PM   #141
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
What surprises me most is that the new owners have been totally "mute" on the forum ………. a great platform for them to address these "speculations", update their progress & intents, etc., etc...………..

Surprises me that they are (apparently) oblivious to a great marketing opportunity or simply choose not to participate - which is a shame unto itself !

Just an observation -- not a criticism or judgement

There are a couple of ways to look at this.... I think they are doing the right thing, which is staying quiet until the can announce a launch date, and maidan voyage...

Someone else mention safety concerns with capsizing. As Woody pointed out they will have to go through inspection I am sure, just like other commercial vessels on the lake. I don't know what this entails on an inland waterway like winnipesaukee. But on lake Champlain under Coast Guard jurisdiction it was an undertaking, including the boats having to come out of the water every so many years....... Having been build upon a barge, and presumably with adjustable ballast, I would have to believe that it will be fairly stable.....

As with anything... there are many what ifs.... What if the vessel looses steerage... whoops the mount did that and almost took out a boat house in Center Harbor... Whoops lake is low and the mail boat got suck on a rock.... Come on folks, this business is going to be insured... the insurance company is going to dictate safety standards to maintain coverage, and presumably there will be some kind of business loan, and the bank will not let the company operate with out insurance... There may be days where she can't leave port because the Captain will not believe it is safe to do so... But I believe we should give these people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to safety of the vessel, until proven otherwise.... The could have thrown something together and been out on the water by now.... instead they appear to be doing everything right, hoping for a successful launch....