Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #134
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
I was at WAM over the weekend and took a morning stroll with my daughter around the property. We meandered over to see the progress at The Dive and I was surprised at the considerable amount of work still to be completed.

Even with my curiosity meter pegging at 12, we did not board the vessel however I'd estimate there is a solid month's worth of work for a crew of 8+.

While this establishment isn't necessarily up my alley, I hope the owners at least get their maiden voyage in this season.
Thanks for the updated pictures. I have a feeling we will likely not see the dive out and about this year. While they may have secured help and a chef with ambitious hopes. Getting through all the regulatory issues, permitting etc. generally takes longer then planned. In fact it sinks many business every year. They also may have run into funding issues, investors pulling out etc. When things didn't happen as planned.

Bottom line is pulling off a venture like this is no small task. There is heart and soul being put into this venture I am sure. But heart and soul don't by much in the business world.

I hope that these people are able to succeed. I think it would be a neat business on the lake.... Although not to this scale, we have seen similar businesses tried to take advantage of the Party spots, by providing food over the years. This venture will show if scale was the issue in the past, or if there just isn't a workable model that will succeed.

Now I don't mean to imply past attempts have failed financially. What I am implying is that past attempts have not been successful enough to warrant continued service.