View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
sa meredith

Default Happy Thanksgiving...2011

So...I guess we could go on and on, about all things "lakes region", that we are so very thankful for...so I thought it maybe it would cool if we take some time to really consider it a bit, and limit our list to only the top three.
Mine...in order.
3. I'm thankful for warm summer nights in Meredith, alone or with family/friends, with the Sox on radio, the fire burning bright, and the beer ice cold. Simply would not trade place with anyone in the world, when living those hours.
2. I'm thankful for long, lazy summer afternoons, anchored in Braund Bay, LI sandbar, or West Alton sandbar...with my nieces and nephews, sister and brother in law...rough housing with the kids in the water, throwing the frisbee, eating lunch, buying the kids ice cream from the barge, and simply relaxing on the boat. During those afternoons, there are simply no mortgage payments, no car payments, no home repairs to worry about, no "honey do" lists, no traffic jams... I wish the kids could stay young forever.
1. I'm thankful for another year of good health for ma and dad...dad has done battle with cancer twice now, and while it has slowed his step, he has won both battles. They have their camp 3 doors down from ours, and as the years move on, I'm thankful for every Saturday morning cup of coffee with them, and dad's early morning runs to get doughnuts for everyone (nobody tell him that noone really eats doughnuts anymore). The simple moments of spending time with them, and often doing nothing but talking, are becoming sacred ritual.
I'm so very thankful we are still able to gather as family...all three generations.

One more quick one...I'm thankful for ice cold Margs at Crazy Gringos on hot July days, when the temp is 90 plus.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post: