View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #17
Ride & Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Ride and Dive,

Wbat type of SUV do you have? It seems to be one of the major question not being talked about here... The boat is a nice size all though I disagree that it is the minimum size needed for Winnipesaukee... But that is another whole debate that doesn't belong here.... What is of concern is the weight of this boat.. The distance you may be towing it and how often, and what do you really have for a tow vehicle.... You may find that pulling a 24 sundeck at over 5000# may be more then your SUV can handle. Especially if you have to pull it any great distance.... Now this is just about the tow rating of the vehicle... About the power train and gear combination of the vehicle... I would hate to see anyone get into a boat, only to find out that their Tow Vehicle then need to be replaced sooner then expected.

Great question! I have a 2010 Explorer. I was a bit concerned about the weight but I understand that if I leverage a towing weight distribution system I should be able to more than cover my concerns. Also I expect to leave it at a Winni Marina somewhere most of the time and maybe only tow it around a few times a year.
Ride & Dive is offline   Reply With Quote