View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 02:59 AM   #48
ApS

Smile Yes, We Can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
this has to be one of my favorite non sequitors:

- a woman on land was so agitated that she fell down a flight of stairs and broke her nose - and she is pregnant
Why is that a non sequitur? If she was "well-along in her pregnancy", she wouldn't be able to see the next step(s) down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Just because one person says the boat flipped twice is heresay.

1) That information is archived in the forum—just the first of three consecutive flips in three consecutive years.

2) When you write this:

Quote:
"I have mentioned earlier a long time owner in Chestnut Cove remembered the incident. An unexperienced pilot with little knowledge of the lake."

"The fact is he was travelling too fast for the conditions and he broke the 150' rule alone makes the boat driver guilty!"
Those two statements are no-less heresay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I don't think a speed limit will prevent stupidity. Another little known state law, driving to endanger, should have been applied, as he had passengers. If that law only pertain to road vehicles, perhap we should change the law to include all watercrafts. You can use a sailboat to endanger passengers as well.
He broke many regulations, including Rules 5 and 6. You remember, "Reasonable and Prudent"?

Though it certainly possible, I have no recollection of any sailboat collision—and certainly none at 45-MPH!

If you want a new boating law, how about requiring every PFD sold in New Hampshire to have a label affixed prominently to the back of every PFD in children's sizes.

(The wearing of which is required already).

Quote:

New Law: 45/30

Keep 150-feet distance from everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
APS, study this. We have rougher water, no speed limits, and I can't remember when a boat flipped here, or sunk.
Thanks to this Winnipesaukee forum—new and archived since the year 2000—I can!