View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #25
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Mopar or Nocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBUOY View Post
...I meant to ask you about your Wailin Wedge Mopar.?..wasn't that kind of a "famous/infamous" car.?..always liked the Mopar stuff..Direct Connection, Rapid Transit Authority, Sox & Martin, "Dandy" Dick Landy, "Hemi under Glass", Buttera's (sp?) Lil Red Wagon..etc..LOVED the AAR/Trans Am stuff too..real men driving "real" cars...Didn't S. Savage die in a "weird" way.?..He was a talent, at driving AND partying if I remember correctly.?..This might sound weird, but, who did the trannies in your drag cars.?...re: DARPA exhaust, tough to find parts (I won't say more on that.lol.)..I'll keep an eye out for the diverters/diffusers you speak of tho..try George at M & M Salvage in M-dith..603-279-5041..He may be of help..btw..check out what he's got around his boat yard..a 28' CC Magnum, a 24' Twister w/a BB..walking around is a little history lesson..lol..TONs of parts too...Hope your boat buffed-up nice..Not sure if we're "off-topic" at this point..lol..but I started the thread, so I guess it's ok......btw..inside, near gut cut......lata, Cowboy.....
Didn't know the 'Wailin Wedge' was famous or infamous but it was well known on the local scene. It was originally a factory dragster from the Mr Norm Spaulding Dodge dealer. I bought it from Lyn 'Crazy Abenaki' Newell. The 426 wedge motor was bullet proof. And one of a kind.
Driving a 'typewriter' was a no brainer. Those cars and trannies were consistant as hell. As long as I punch the 'D' at I think it was 4300 with the peddle to the metal, it was consistant 13s. Bracket racing at its best.

M&M Salvage is something else! I was able to find parts for my old '86 Liberator. 4 Winns built fantastic economical performance boats in their days. When I step up to the Formula, I didn't really feel much difference in the ride, but the quality went way up! Need to visit again as someone stole the fender off the boat trailer at the Winnisquam boat ramp!

I am heading out to get the 'SL terrorizer' registered for another season on the big lake. First time in decades that the marinas around the lake are advertising slips to let. Should be an interesting summer.

I'm wondering if APS is going to meet me in Loudon for a spirited race on the road course?