View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 07:27 AM   #56
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
It's almost painful to see the piling on and hateful comments on these threads.Erica is none of the things that many think she is.She is not arrogant priviliged and disdainful of the law as some have posted.She made a stupid,life changing mistake that is so agonizing that only the family of her friend that died can understand.The traffic stop was not the result of her thinking she is above the law,but due to the fact that she was distracted,understandably,with all that's going on.Just her bad luck that it happened at such a time.....and,of course the trooper,seeing who it was,made it seem as though he had to scramble over a guardrail to save his life.A little over dramatic.
I think that much of the anger comes from the perception that she is a spoiled little rich girl,tooling around town from party to party like Paris Hilton.
Just the opposite is true.She is well liked and respected at work and among people who know her.....she's the first one at work to clean a toilet,sweep the floor or help a mechanic.When I have stopped in to the dealership I have usually found her in the parts dept.....not with her feet up on a desk.
Any one of us,at any time, can make a serious error in judgement that can change our life forever.....she suffered serious injuries,but nothing as bad as losing her friend.
I really think it's time for a little forgiveness.......or at least,backing of some of the inflamatory posts.............just my $.02
I agree with you entirely. I have met Erica on several occasions and she is not the person that is depicted here, in the media and in other threads. It is easy to pass judgement on people that you do not know and have no contact with. This is also at times what makes this type of communication very distastefull. It is easy to be critical and self righteous when you are not communicating face to face or at least verbally.

Just my opinion.