View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #43
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
The races must have been very cool from our spot. Sadly they stopped just before we arrived.

The closest I've come to a race our various poker runs. This year it was quite fantastic seeing so many boats coming down The Broads all at once. I snapped a few pictures, but didn't the best vantage point - need to get higher next time.

As far as the 45 mph speed limit goes this year, it seems that many of us, especially me, cannot judge what 45 mph looks like. Case in point; just after the Dozi Poker Run, a thread popped up; Where was the Marine Patrol? Lots of people thought they were exceeding the speed limit, but they weren't. Scroll down to post 11 - they were all traveling at 45 mph.

Don’t get me wrong, there are definitely some speeders out there, but I don't think there's as many as perceived. I definitely believe there is far less speeders on the lake than there are captain boneheads. Is there law of common sense?
Well Rattlesnake Gal... If the poker run is not held the same time as last year, and I don't have a full boat you are welcome to join me in mine... I can't guarentee it won't break the barrier but will do my best