Thread: Ice thickness
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 05:38 PM   #32
hazelnut

Default Conditions

My brother in law and I purchased a pair of sleds on Saturday afternoon at HK Powersports in Laconia. He bought a Yamaha and I bought a Polaris. Anyway we took delivery on the spot, (Good People at HK by the way). We took off from Laconia headed across Paugus bay picked up the railroad track up near the channel, headed through the Weirs and hopped back on the lake by Akwa Marina and went out across by Eagle around the tip of Meredith Neck and between the neck and Bear Island then cut in to the Patrician Shores area to his house. Later on that evening we went into Center Harbour took the trails over to Moultonboro Neck alll the way out to Ambrose area allllll the way down through Moultonboro bay all the way through the Graveyard out to Cow Island. We visited some friends out on the Island then headed back. This time we took ice to the Long Island bridge and crossed over the town beach headed past Braun bay along towards Black Cat Island and then across to Patrician Shores. SO, I would say the ice is pretty solid based on my experiences this weekend. The conditions were AWFUL though. VERY bumpy like moguls on a ski hill.

Today was a VERY different story.

The lake is covered in a beautiful light fluffy powder. The only challenge was seeing through all the snow blowing up over the windshield, ha ha ha. It was like riding in a snow cocoon. During the height of the snowstorm I was out on the lake trying to find Center Harbor. It took me two tries. Once I did we headed up over the Red Hill trail from Center Harbour over to Meredith. Fueled up at Cumberland Farms and headed back over the hill to Center Harbour. Later on I took the Moultonboro Neck trail over to Ambrose cove again then looped back and backtracked over the trail back to Canter Harbor. I'm tired and sore but it was SOOOOO worth it.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote