View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 01:45 PM   #55
tummyman

Well, after lots of research and price haggling with Spectrum, I dumped their cable TV service Monday and have gone to YouTubeTV. Have it running on two TV's...Samsung that are pretty new. If your TV is not compatible, a cheap ROKU solves the issues. Samsung units older than 2016/17 need a ROKU as the service is not compatible with the software. No biggie.

By eliminating cable TV only at my NH and MA properties, the savings is close to $1200/year or $100 per month. Enough of being held hostage by cable companies. As far as Spectrum was concerned, i got a large increase in costs in January as some promotional discounts expired. After a lot of discussion, they educed my bill by cutting a lot of cable channels. My last bill for cable was $80.48 for service PLUS $13.50 for a Broadband TV surcharge, whatever that was. Total cable cost was $94 rounded. YouTubeTV is $49.99. A no brainer and then I add the full benefit of cancelling the MA service.

In testing the YouTube TV product, I found the picture quality to be excellent. Program guide takes a little to get used to it (as others have said), but there is also the capability to rearrange the channels and put the infrequently used ones at the end of the list. NEAT!!! Selection of channels works for us...all the major news channels plus WMUR, all the popular business channels, etc. And the sports package is terrific. No NFL network, but I can live without that as long as the Pat's are on.

YouTube will certainly save you money...no cable boxes, no extra remotes, etc. etc. $100 a month in my pocket is a no brainer. Give it a test drive and see how good it really is.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tummyman For This Useful Post: