View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 09:00 AM   #19
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Not sure I understand your problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
It seems a lot of us here like YouTube TV!

I know it's off topic, but I'll mention the one thing I don't like about it and maybe someone here knows a work around?

When you have a current time slot show playing, and then go to the live guide, I can't seem a method to read the show description for any other channel/show in the same time slot. The only way that I know how to do it is by selecting the new show, which of course disrupts the current playing show.

As an example, if you're currently watching WMUR news at 6 PM, and then go to the live guide, WMUR continues to play in the background, and as you scroll through the live channel guide, I can't read the show description of any other channels in the 6 PM time slot without selecting them to play first.

If I select a different time slot, perhaps 7 PM, then when I select that show, the description comes up.

It's just the current time slot that doesn't seem to be readable without selecting it first. This seems to occur both on my Android phone and on the YouTube TV app on my Amazon Firestick, or directly on my TV using the YouTube TV app.

Has anyone found a way around this very minor inconvenience? It's the only little niggle that I have with YouTube TV.

I sure to love that we can customize the station order and disable unwanted stations, and their cloud DVR is awesome! They make it easy to watch a show from the beginning if you came in a few minutes late!

Anyone that wants to consider trying YouTube TV, shouldn't hesitate, they have a very easy 30 day free trial.
Not sure I understand. For instance every evening at 530, we watch PTI on ESPN. At six pm, the programming changes to Sportscenter.

We access YoutubeTV through a ROKU stick. We hit the back button to return to the UTTV home page with Library, Home, and Live across the top. If Live is not selected, select it then scroll down. While ESPN is playing in the background, we scroll down through the guide. Some, maybe most, when the scrolling highlights that channel, it will give the title of the episode. Of course, it is not as detailed as a cable guide.

We do not access YouTubeTV through the Samsung TV app on the TV. Not sure if ROKU vs Samsung app matters. Initially, the lack of programming info was a little frustrating, but in a short period of time, we adjusted, and now it's a non-issue.

Dave