Thread: What is a wake?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #17
jrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
That was probably me on my PWC.Hmm..let me see.I would have quite a hard time using my phone when under way with the boat on plane.Sure makes life easier to connect with my friends who are already on the water.Does this create more wake by using the phone or is this something that just gets under your skin because the lake is no place for a cellphone?If the answer is either one,then there ought to be a law or something.
You are taking this too personal, I have nothing against PWCs or cell phones.
My boat always has at least two working cell phones and a Blackberry aboard. It's just that some people cannot drive and talk at the same time. When I'm in the channel on a busy day it takes a little concentration. Having someone weaving back and forth while they fumble around with their phone can add stress.

I mentioned PWC because it seems extra difficult to drive a PWC while you are dialing a phone. July 4th I was behind a PWC in the channel near the beach heading into Paugus. He takes out his phone and starts dialing, he slows to a stop in the channel. I do what I can to just sit motionless in the channel, it's tough. After dialing he grabs some throttle and continues, he's weaving but at least he's moving. I'm not saying he represent all riders but he could have waited until we cleared the tight area before making the call.

I hate the idea of cell phone driving laws, I have a long commute and I use my phone in the car a lot. But we have to start policing ourselves or these laws will continue to spread.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote