View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 07:53 AM   #53
VtSteve

It is confusing Vita, but your comments were still on target, regardless of whether they were intentional or not

BD has made up his mind that if alcohol was involved in the Winni accident, it's only because of whom the driver was, and the fact that it was a Formula. Oh, and they were speeding.

For the LG accident, he tried to zero in on the fact that the boat was a speeding GFBL Cobalt, because some observers heard the boat, it was loud. Maybe it is, but even some pretty lame boats have thru hulls and are loud.

He didn't want to mention the LG speed limit issue, since LG has a speed limit, night and day. The driver there was not only charged with going over the 5 mph speed limit, but also BUI. So it does get to be pretty confusing, especially when he throws out old new articles, and cuts and pastes limited statements to try and distort the event. But comments like this does not deter him. BD's rule of thumb is this

1) All GFBL boats are too fast
2) All GFBL boaters are Pardy Hardy people
3) Speed lmits will eliminate drunken boaters and accidents
4) If he makes a misstatement, he will avoid responding for at least a week or more, then he will go on a diatribe that eventually supports our arguments, not his assertions.

It galls him to the enth degree that we all support safe boating, support increased enforcement, support getting BUI boaters off the waterways, and virtually all of us support driving safely and at speeds appropriate for the conditions. If he were to agree with us, it would throw off his ability to defend his agenda. So occasionally, he has to mislead, misrepresent, and occasionally, mistate's someone's posts. Note that there was no cute little response to my posts, which I copied and pasted for everyone to see. I have nothing to hide, whereas he has no shame.

Sorry all, just some filler while we await further information.