View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #42
Skip

Post Clearing up some lingering doubts....

Let me try this one last time....

If you go back and re-read post #34, the question I answered is can New Hampshire authorities revoke or suspend a New Hampshire issued boating certificare.

The law is clear, after a just cause hearing held in accordance with RSA 541-A they can indeed revoke your New Hampshire certificate.

However, we are all apparently in agreement that New Hampshire authorities cannot revoke a permit issued by another State, just as they cannot revoke a license issued by another State.

Additionally, if you are a New Hampshire resident and are convicted of DWI in this State, or any other State that has reciprocity with New Hampshire, regardless of the length of suspension of your New Hampshire driver's license you lose your privilege to operate a boat in New Hampshire for one year.

Also, while you are not required to have or display a driver's license when stopped by the NHMP, they will still (via radio or cellular phone) use your name and date of birth to run a license check through Dispatch to verify your identity and check your license status.

Why?

Lets say you are a New Hampshire resident under suspension for DWI and you get stopped and show the NHMP officer a North Carolina NASBLA certificate. The officer will still run a license check and discover that you are under suspension in New Hampshire and you will subsequently be arrested. You would be amazed at the speed and accuracy of the SPOTS system.

Hopefully this clarifies any loose ends.....

And as usual, if you would like to be bored by additional RSAs, Administrative Rules or applicable New Hampshire case law, please feel free to contact me off-line.

Skip