View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 06:07 AM   #22
Skip

Default I only "troll" when fishing...usually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Beach View Post
...Skip is not a troll and I don't think he ever initiated a thread designed to start arguments...
Thanks SB (and my buddy SOSQ!)...Mr. Moyer is entitled to his opinion and I can understand and appreciate his concern.

I offered the event with little attached editorial opinion as it appeared to me to be relevant to the overall discussion of this sub-thread. As those of us that peruse this topic are aware, a number of individuals have consistently held that the speed limits imposed on Lake George are proof that such accidents are prevented, and some of those same folks have also claimed that the collision on Sebago could have been prevented with NH style proposed limits. And a very few have repeatedly attempted to tie the Littlefield crime into the speed limit debate.

The often presented argument?

That the mere presence of additional regulation will cause an inebriated individual to have second thoughts about getting behind the helm.

The news article was presented to allow the reader to once again reconsider the arguments from both sides of the equation in order to change or reinforce their own personal opinions on the matter.

Nothing more....nothing less.

Now let's all get our boats ready for what is shaping up to be a fantastic upcoming weekend!