View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 07:10 PM   #15
Winilyme

All I ever got out of a plowed driveway was a bunch of excavated gravel and a day or more of work in the spring to put it all back. We've had a 450 foot long gravel driveway for 23 years and had it plowed for the first few years we lived here. We got so frustrated with the end result that we gave up on the plow and started shoveling it. Yes, my wife and I shoveled a 450 foot long driveway for nearly ten years. Understand that we winter on the CT shoreline where we don't get nearly the snow that NH does. Still, the few storms that dropped 8 or more inches would take us a full day to shovel. I don't recommend it.

A few too many sore backs, ten years of aging and laughing neighbors made me think again.

Never thought a snowblower would work for a gravel driveway but I did some research. Ended up buying a Honda track mounted snowblower and that turned out to be the perfect solution. The tracks easily keep the auger off the ground (no muscle needed) such that almost no gravel is thrown and it takes me about 30 minutes to whip away that 8 inches of snow. Love, love, love, love, love my snowblower and, no, I don't sell them for a living. Did I mention that I love my snowblower?
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post: