View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #4
winni83

I do not think we are supposed to post links to blogs on this website, so Google Moultonborough Speaks. That blog is run by one of the Selectmen in Moultonborough. Interesting reading. The proponents of the Community Center (Article 2) stated ad nauseam that all they wanted was a final up or down vote. There was a final up or down vote in accordance with the rules of the Town Moderator and the proponents of the Community Center lost by a lopsided 348 NO to 220 YES. Article 2 needed a 2/3 vote to pass and it did not even get a simple majority. Now the proponents are whining that the process was flawed because there was an affirmative vote to “Call The Question”. I voted in favor of Calling the Question and no on Article 2. It was the decision of the legislative body to terminate debate because no further information was needed. It was the further decision of the legislative body to soundly reject Article 2. The subject of the Community Center was the subject of several Town sponsored dog and pony shows and endless discussion in various media. To see at least two of the 5 Moultonborough Selectmen along with others now complaining that the process was not fair is very sad. What is next – perhaps an argument that the secrets ballots for Article 2 were the wrong color? It is time for the proponents of the Community Center to put on their big boy pants and accept defeat and stop whining and insulting those who voted in favor of Calling the Question and against Article 2.
I have no problem with the Webmaster moving this thread to the Issues section.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winni83 For This Useful Post: