View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 08:38 AM   #10
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

About 10 years ago I bought an ION VCR 2 PC and converted over 100 VHS-C tapes to digital files on my computer. The ION unit looks just like a VCR but has a USB port that you connect to your computer. You then play the tapes on the VCR and click record on the PC software. It took a few months to get through my entire tape collection but it worked great and was very easy. I titled and dated all the videos and then burned them to DVDs. A few years ago I bought a PLEX lifetime subscription and moved them all to PLEX so my entire family could access them through the internet. Yesterday we all watched some at my daughter's after Thanksgiving dinner using PLEX. Everyone got a real kick out of seeing our 25-30 year old family videos on a big screen.

I see that the ION VCR 2 PC is no longer being made but there are plenty of used ones on eBay for under $100. Like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ION-VCR-2-PC-PLAYER-VHS-VIDEO-CONVERSION-SYSTEM/173647939338?hash=item286e39470a:g:2YoAAOSwb3hb8Y7 F:rk:2f:0
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post: