View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #21
KTO

Sometimes I wonder if anything ever makes any of you happy, but then I remind myself that no, nothing seems to. Except complaining about it on this forum where you feed off of other people agreeing with you.

Knowing several friends of mine at WMUR and how they conduct their daily lives and how television has evolved over the past 10, 5, and 2 years should really make you consider what's to blame.

I have seen a number of Boston stations make this same mistake. Boston, the 7th largest TV market in the nation (and for some reason WMUR fits in this market with another ABC affiliate in WCVB), makes the same mistake that a little NH station makes. Why? Simple. People demand immediate answers, journalists serve the people (any good journalist will be loyal to his or her people before his or her company), and thus stations attempt to keep up.

In the coming months, WFXT (Fox 25) will be adding a 5pm newscast in addition to the their already overwhelming number of broadcasts. Local news is becoming more like CNN - 24 hour cable news. It's crazy and some (or maybe all) stations don't have the means to keep up with demand. Print media is dying, but television probably isn't far behind it, and stations are doing what they can to keep up with delivering the news. Yes, I absolutely have my issues with some outlets, too.

But the map thing seems a little ridiculous and I felt like ranting. I ask you all to recall the NBC Nightly News (a national program) couldn't show NH accurately on a map. It happens.

http://www.examiner.com/article/nbc-...mpshire-on-map

Live the life of a local television reporter for a year. Get paid less than a teacher and work year round. Not to bash teachers of course, just a pay perspective.

Next time, before complaining about ANYTHING in your life. Stop for a second, breathe, and ask if it's REALLY worth complaining about. (Hint: it's not)
KTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTO For This Useful Post: