View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #203
XCR-700

Default just ones persons opinion (sadly,,,)

GFBL.

Odd man out again, but I for one thoroughly enjoy the sound of a marine engine with an open exhaust running across the lake.

And that’s day, night, anytime, ANYTIME.

I personally find it even more soothing and tranquil than hearing nothing but waves and crickets.

To me its just one of those sounds that brings back very positive memories of my childhood and spending summers on Winnipesaukee when there was less other background noise and you could hear the many boats with open exhaust buzzing the lake.

It was always a hallmark of good weather and good times, and a good running motor made the most wonderful drone off in the distance. I could always go to sleep with the sound of a powerboat off in the distance, and to date, its still one of the most memorable things that I long for from my youth.

I will gladly concur that some boats and operators can be very annoying at the docks when their boats hit some huge decibels and they are playing with the throttle like a goofball, but other than that I can think of few sounds that I enjoy more than a boat cruising across the lake with a harmonious tone filling the air.
p.s. as for being buzzed at 150’ given that my house is 40’ long, your talking 3 1/2 house lengths separation,,, Given that I drive Rt 93 every day with people passing me doing 80+ MPH, often less than 5’ away,,, well 70 MPH at 150’ sounds not too bad if they are in full control and paying proper attention to what their doing.

Well this is just ones persons opinion (sadly,,,)
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: