View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 06:09 AM   #13
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
Pretty simple... someone may be considering selling and not have it on the market yet, or may know of someone talking about making a move. Some would prefer not to pay thousands in commission to sell a property, and a private sale would offer that. One forum member in this thread must feel the same way, he is trying to sell his property on his own and will be succesful doing so. It will probably save him $18-20k.

How many forum members are on here that have seen this thread?
I have had a few private replies already so i can't be that far off on my logic.

Still hard to figure out?
When you're buying a property the seller is paying the commission, it comes off the sale price. It's only worth what it's sells for so if the seller doesn't want to pay a sales commission what makes you think that he wants to give that savings to you. I could never figure this out? "it will probably save him 18 to 20K", that's not your savings.
Usually property that is being sold by owner is priced too high that's why they are selling it on their own.
What I've found as a buying is to look at property that has been on the market for a long time because it is priced too high and make a, take it or leave it offer, that you feel the property is worth. Why do you care if the seller has to pay a commission? That's not your problem.
I could be wrong but I doubt Island property is in big demand so I think you are always in a buyers market.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote