View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 12:15 PM   #9
Descant

Thanked 1,513 Times in 984 Posts
Default custom made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
I do all the cooking and have most of the brand name high end German and French knives as well as Global, a Japanese Company. I realize this isn’t your specific question but some people would like to purchase American made products as opposed to foreign.

A company in MA, Lamson, has been making fine knives for over 100 years and I have a set that is 18 years old and is easily comparable to other fine cutlery. I just checked their Website and the selection has gotten more confusing but you might want to check it out. The small kitchen store in Meredith did carry them, but is out of business.

I also agree with a Chefs Choice electric sharpener.

Although most knives are economically sold in sets, I can do anything with an 8 inch Chefs knife if it’s sharp and well maintained. Just another thought.
Oh. If you want local and fine cutlery, Debora Ash in Bennington made some heirloom quality knives for my son and son in law. I also spotted gagnonblacksmithing.com who makes knives, but I have no personal experience with him. He is located in Manchester. I expect these folks will also custom fit the handle.

Last edited by Descant; 09-25-2021 at 12:25 PM. Reason: add location
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote