View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 07:59 AM   #9
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO View Post
Lots going on with this property, thanks to Nancy Deporter for reaching out and filling me in! We'll be skipping this one!

The people on this forum really are great, nice to have some honest people out there willing to help out with info and advise, I know she isn't on the forum much anymore, but thanks again Nancy!
From the sounds of it, you might have dodged a bullet.

A (humble) note of advice: some years ago, my parents and I were looking to buy and build on land. During the long process, we found a piece and put a deposit on it knowing that we'd have to figure out septic, etc. Shortly after the deposit, we discovered there was ledge and that it would take a bit more work to build. Onward. Shortly after that, we discovered the shape of the land would require a steeper-than-we-wanted driveway. Onward. Eventually, we discovered that the neighbor had a shallow well that would require us to not only reconfigure our septic but maybe redrill their well (Vermont regulations = stringent) to make it happen. That was the eye-opener.

Ultimately, we walked away with our deposit (citing undisclosed land conditions), but we realized we were pushing too hard to make things work and, in doing so, overlooked a lot.

Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote