Thread: No Wake
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 07:13 AM   #61
ishoot308

Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,915 Posts
Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
On Sunday, 6/27/2022 at about 11 AM the Marine Patrol had a boat just off Varney Point enforcing the new 'No Wake" zone between Varney Point and Locke's Island. When we went through he had a boat stopped.

Two hours later on the way back we followed a boat going through at normal speed.

It seems that it should be marked better and it is difficult to determine where it ends, at least on the south side. It is going to take a long time to educate people who have been going through that area for years that it is now No Wake.

I hope that, for this year, they are just informing people and not ticketing them. That positive interaction with Marine Patrol will go a long way for public relations.
Couldn’t agree more about the south side marker. It definitely need to brought in more towards the main channel or add another one in the channel as no one can see it.

I was told marine patrol did not want to hinder navigation by putting it in the channel. To me that makes no sense as it is the start of the no wake zone and the marker is meant to slow boaters down…

Dan