View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 06:56 PM   #8
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
I have woods right outside my door... so I consider that everyday scenery that I do not have to drive to.

We only had snow deep enough for the snow machines to run for about a week or two last year... and even then it wasn't deep enough for me to switch to snowshoes over the YakTraks. So I thought you may be looking for something like the others suggest... but maybe not so vertical a climb.
You raise a good point about snow depth. Maybe there's not enough snow yet? How much snow do you need for a snowmobile?

I have woods outside my door too, but no snowmobile trails. Why I love walking for exercise on packed snowmobile trails: They're just firm enough to keep you moving forward without sinking in, but they have good cushioning for your joints. And the snowmobiles break up the slippery surface after freezing rain. Perfect! Much better than walking on pavement (too hard on the joints), in deep snow (too difficult), or on snowshoes in deep snow (too much effort, pace too slow, but I do enjoy snowshoeing).
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote