View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 06:54 AM   #43
georgefelt

The whole question of gas dock problems at the marina is irrelevant and was never a driver of the change in that NWZ. Bay Shore Yacht Club is the entity that holds all the docks by the Meredith Marina. This is a dockominium association - to join, buy a dock. Full disclosure - I am a member. At annual meetings it became apparent that the biggest complaint of boaters who dock there was the heavy rock and roll caused by big boats coming into Meredith. Some members were knocked off their feet as they stood on their boats at the dock; one gentleman required knee surgery due to one of these knockdowns. Club members were invited to sign a petition requesting an extension of the NWZ and the response was pretty much unanimous. Property owners on the shore in proximity to the club also joined the petition. Property owners further down the line will not be impacted as much as some have suggested because their shore is farther away from the boating lanes and so the wave energy is less intense there.
It is also a matter of public safety for SUP and kayak users in the bay, and you don't have to rent a kayak or a board to get in the water - there is easy public access. As for the big inconvenience of spending an extra 4 or 5 minutes getting into the docks area - give me a break. You aren't going to get a public dock without waiting 20 - 30 minutes anyway, so what 's the rush? If you are in that much of a hurry Meredith is not a good destination for you during peak times. BTW NH Marine Patrol is watching that new line and if you blow through it they will write you up. Slow and steady wins the race.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
georgefelt is offline   Reply With Quote