View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #27
Skip

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
WHDH Boston 4:00pm weather forecast just called for a big storm hitting Boston and lesser amounts North and West. Still significant and very similar to all other storms this season. It has been a weird winter, getting way more snow in Boston and lesser amounts around the lakes region.
I have pretty much given up watching much of the "personalities" that present the weather on several of the local channels, particularly WMUR, and now try and follow a combination of several on-line mets and some of the NOAA stuff. Oh yeah, and waiting for my two favorites, Rose & CLA to chime in with their expertise!

That said the folks I follow continue to believe that central NH, including the Lakes Region, are still in the possibility of the jackpot range (12+) for this storm with SE New England including Boston to receive a mix or rain. The classic "north and west" of 495/95 storms we used to see a few years back.

Anyways, I know we could use a good foot over our way at the OVSC, especially on the rails & switches of Corridor 19. Same with out towards Sandwich way. Rode from Tamworth to Sandwich Notch yesterday, couldn't believe how much the snow fell off over the Sandwich side of the ridge!

We sledders need more snow...here's hoping for a major dumping Wednesday into Thursday!

Last edited by Skip; 01-24-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: CSL to CLA...losing my brain cells reading FLL posts!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skip For This Useful Post: