Thread: Shep Brown's
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 10:56 PM   #44
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts
Default Islnd association?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
Whoever is coming up with these concepts has no clue. We don't need curbs, trees or shrubs. And the docks don't seem to fit to scale. The conceptual layout at Sheps looks too big to fit between the boat launch and Island Services. I agree with Taz that people won't be able to fit their boats into the perpendicular spaces. They have a hard enough time docking straight in between the concrete and wooden docks. More importantly they're trying to make the two locations to be visitor friendly. They may have more dock space but there will be less vehicle and trailer parking available so why would visitors launch there for the day. Those docks are mostly functional for island people (dropping off, picking up, running into town). Visitors will more likely use the in-town launch and docks as they do now.

I heard a rumor that there's discussion of moving the Shep boat launch. If that were to happen that would really demonstrate the Shep owners willingness to work with the town to make improvements. And as FLL pointed out the town only owns the paved lot and the docks. There would have to be some major changes to the Shep property layout.
I rest my case for a island association to work with the BOS. Why do people think Selectmen pay attention to online chatter?
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote